Pages

John Barrowman has appendix removed

The former 'Doctor Who' star was taken to Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California, for emergency surgery after he collapsed in agony earlier this week.

Taking to his Instagram account after the operation yesterday (25.07.17), he said in a short clip: "I feel like I have been hit by a car. I'm just sore all over and my voice is sore because of the tube going down my throat. The staff in the surgery knew who I was, they were fans which was kind of funny. I was just lucky my appendix didn't burst, they caught it in time. I was in a lot of agony yesterday. I knew something was up, I felt really bad."

Although he's in a bad way, the 50-year-old actor - who also starred in the spin-off 'Torchwood' - has assured fans he's on the mend and will be back home "soon."

He added: "In the surgery they made three incisions on my belly and then did it by laser. I'm just glad it went well and hopefully I should get home soon."

And two hours later, John appeared to be in brighter spirits as he posed for a photograph of him in his TARDIS socks that had been knitted by a 'Doctor Who' fan.

He accompanied the shot with the caption: "Got my fan made #TARDIS socks on keeping my feet warm in the hospital. JB (sic)"

Via The List